Lecturer in Musculoskeletal Medicine
LECTURER in MUSCULOSKELETAL MEDICINE
DEPARTMENT of SURGERY and ANAESTHESIA
UNIVERSITY of OTAGO, WELLINGTON
About the department
The Department of Surgery and Anaesthesia, University of Otago is a multidisciplinary group dedicated to providing high quality clinical teaching and performing clinically focused research. The department teaches a number of modules within the MB ChB programme, provides vocationally focused postgraduate qualifications, and has a number of active research groups.
This Lecturer in Musculoskeletal Medicine role within the Department of Surgery and Anaesthesia in Wellington represents an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified health care professional to make a significant contribution to on-going teaching of medical students.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Conducting research-informed teaching across 4th-6th year courses in the MB ChB degree.
- Preparing course plans, outlines and materials for delivery of classes.
- Presenting lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and papers.
- Providing assessment and feedback to students.
- Producing quality assured publications within the field or discipline.
- Obtaining research funding and/or grants from industry.
- Attending and presenting papers at academic conferences.
Your skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have clinical experience in an area involving musculoskeletal medicine as well as:
- A relevant qualification in an area of health care (e.g. physiotherapy, nursing).
- Experience in teaching within a healthcare environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A strong commitment to developing collaborative working relationships with colleagues.
- Provide evidence of an ability to work well with students and staff from differing academic and cultural backgrounds.
- A research track record consisting either of a research degree or a publication track record demonstrating an ability to conduct health research would be an advantage.
This is a part-time (0.4 to 0.6 FTE, 15 to 22.5 hours per week), permanent (confirmation path) position available from January 2021 (start date to be negotiated).
Candidates are requested to submit the following:
- Cover letter.
- Names and email addresses of at least three referees.
Applications quoting reference number 2001739 will close on Sunday, 22 November 2020.
Note: As a part-time position, the salary range for this role will be the pro-rata equivalent of the annual full-time salary range listed.
To view all current vacancies and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=2001739
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.
Leave a Comment